Country-specific Sales Bans and Restrictions During the Pandemic (constantly updated)
Updated on: September 29, 2020
Dear AliExpress sellers,
Recently, due to the development of overseas epidemics, countries and regions including France, Poland and Spain have introduced corresponding control policies. To comply with the laws, regulations and platform rules, AliExpress will adjust its sales bans and restrictions in accordance with the laws and regulations in effect and specific circumstances.
Sellers are responsible for ensuring that their products meet the laws and regulations of the target market.
· [0929 Important Update] Announcement regarding the Control of Protective Mask Selling to Spain
· [0514 Important Update] Announcement of AliExpress on Escalating Standards for Attraction and Management of Merchants Operating Epidemic Prevention Supplies
· [0430 Important Update] Announcement on Tightened Logistics Performance Regulations for Epidemic Prevention Products on AliExpress
· [0428 Important Update] Supplementary Notes on Control of Epidemic Prevention Products on AliExpress
· [0424 Important Update] Violations and Tightened Punishments for Epidemic Prevention Products
· (0422 Update) Announcement on Baby Thermometer Qualification Control
· (0422 Update) Announcement on Tightened Control of Infrared Thermometers in the Tool Industry
· [0416 Important Update] Supplementary Notes on the Rules for Listing Epidemic Prevention Products on AliExpress
· [0331 Important Update] Announcement on Tightened Control of Epidemic Prevention Products on AliExpress
· (0331 Update) Announcement on Upgraded Merchant Acceptance Standards for Masks and Other Epidemic Prevention Products
· (0327 Updated) Notice on Prohibition of COVID-19-related Information and Content
To comply with the relevant laws and market regulatory requirements and provide a better business environment, all sellers shall abide by seller rules, including but not limited to sales bans and penalty rules. Sellers are prohibited from listing and selling any product that contains an explicit description or implication of COVID-19. From the date when this notice takes effect, members shall not release texts containing the word "COVID-19" (in any languages), as well as texts, photos or videos containing the variants, acronyms, abbreviations and code names of COVID-19 in any parts of the platform, such as the product information pages (including but not limited to product titles, rules, attributes, photos and detail descriptions), store information (including but not limited to banners, company introductions and contacts), and self-run channels. In addition, members shall not claim that their products could detect, prevent, treat, cure or enhance immune responses to the COVID-19 in any texts, photos or videos for their products or stores.
Examples: COVID-19, Coronavirus, 2019-nCoV, SARS-CoV-2, and other expressions that associate the COVID-19 pandemic with certain regions and races.
We encourage all sellers to actively cooperate, check products sold in their stores and promptly remove any content in violation of the rule. The platform will also conduct a thorough check and penalize the above-mentioned behaviors. Due diligence is expected from all sellers to avoid any negative impact on the operation and traffic of the store as well as points deduction, account freeze or other penalties caused by problematic products sold in the store.
For more information about penalties for disrupting the platform order, see the following rules:
Analysis of Search Cheating Cases and Penalty Rules
AliExpress Rules on Handling Severe Disruption of Platform Order
· (0325 Update) Announcement on Removal of Temporary Restrictions on Selling Masks and Disinfection Products in Poland
AliExpress lifted the ban of selling masks and disinfection products to Polish customers from March 25, 2020. This announcement shall be effective as of the date of release.
· (0320 Update) Announcement on Suspension of Selling Masks and Disinfection Products to Poland
Recently, due to the impact of the pandemic, some countries have issued import control policies. Consequently, AliExpress suspended the sales of masks and disinfection products to Polish customers on March 20, 2020. This announcement shall be effective as of the date of release.
Please properly handle the in-transit orders that contained masks and disinfection products for Polish buyers, and discontinue selling the above products to Polish buyers.
AliExpress will pay close attention to the development of the epidemic and the relevant policy changes in various countries and promptly adjust the platform policies according to the specific situation to help our sellers cope with the pandemic. Please stay tuned for more updates.
For more information about selling epidemic prevention products on the platform, please refer to the following information:
· Announcement on Tightened Control of Mask Products on AliExpress
· Announcement on Encouraging Sellers to Obtain CE Marking for Mask Products
· FAQ about medical mask qualification submission
· Announcement on Rectification of Selling Masks as Epidemic Prevention Products on AliExpress (Updated on March 16)